|Suitable for high-resolution AudioPro-Ject Head Box DS
D/A converter & headphone amplifier
• Audiophile grade headphone amp & 24bit D/A conversion
• 3 digital inputs: Asynchronous USB 2.0, S/PDIF, Toslink
• Special USB-2.0 driver for 24/192 (24/96 with USB1.1)
• Ultra low-noise semiconductors
• SMD technology for short signal paths
• Analogue output (RCA) for use as D/A converter
• Analogue input (RCA)
• Headphone socket (6,3mm jack plug)
• DC power supply (< 1 watt standby power)
• Metal case shields the electronics from vibrational and electromagnetic interference
• Faceplate silver or black
Superior D/A conversion & outstanding headphone sound for digital and analogue sources combined in one box!
Head-Box DS is based on the former SE model, which has a very good sound quality, but only one analogue input. So we kept a similar concept, improved the power supply and added a high-quality digital section! It's USB input works up to 24/192 in asynchronous mode! Playback for any headphone offers realistic sound-staging on all volume levels for 3 digital and 1 analogue sound source. Head Box DS also provides a high-quality front display, that gives full information on current status. Luxury aluminium faceplate is available in silver or black finish.
Can be used as DAC? Yes, internal D/A conversion offers additional RCA line output that can be used with any hifi-system as cost-effective sound upgrade for existing digital sound sources. As DAC Box DS, Head Box DS uses feedback loop for controlling computer and amount of data sent. This allows implementation of a high quality, fixed frequency clock directly in the DAC section to keep jitter as low as possible.
Retail price: € 349,00
To get the latest driver (currently v1.61.1), which is also supported by Windows 8.1, please send us a message with the contact form.
FAQ - Hints for using Head Box DS
Q: Does a driver exist for Mac OSX- or Linux-Systems?
A: You do not need a driver. The driver is already integrated in the operating system.
Q: Head Box DS will not be recognized by Mac OSX and is not available under Audio. What can I do?
A: Turn off your Computer and press at start alt+cmd+p+r until another starting sound appears. With this command the USB bus will be reset and the USB Box will be recognized new.
Last update 30.09.2014